July 31, 2019
Fall Forward 2019
There are plenty of reasons to get fired up about studying graphic design this Fall at San Diego City College. Our award winning graphic design program has a proud history of mentoring strong, dynamic designers. Guided by faculty who are working professionals, students learn to design for the real world. Frequently earning top awards, transfer scholarships and jobs, our graduates excel in the industry. This past May, our 2019 portfolio class competed against all other San Diego based design programs including four year institutions and private schools. City swept the American Institute of Graphic Arts San Diego portfolio review winning first, second and third place overall and all twelve categories including Best Branding, Best Interactive, Best Environmental, Best Packaging, Best Typography, Best Design for Good, Best Cross Cultural, Best Illustration, Best Publication, Best Hand Crafted, Best Designer as Entrepreneur, and Best Advertising.At City, we ignite inspiration and student success with portfolios that demonstrate a unique voice, vision, and execution. Over 70% of our graduates find employment or transfer within 3 months of finishing the program and we are the most affordable option in San Diego. San Diego City College Graphic Design graduates often experience remarkable success including entry-level jobs in design, advertising, or in-house firms, or are chosen to continue their studies in graphic design with partial or full scholarships at well-respected universities and private design institutions.We want to tell you about four very special classes being offered this Fall that will help you grow your skills and portfolio. Secure your spot now by selecting Future Students and Schedule of Classes at https://www.sdccd.edu/Professional Practices: ARTG135// CRN 13180 on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 2:20-5:30pm with Mike Green.
- Get valuable experience through an internship project where you will gain interview skills and real world job experience
- Learn the ins and outs of the professional world of graphic design
- Build skills needed to freelance or run your own design business successfully
Interaction Design: ARTG143// CRN 13180 on Mondays & Wednesdays from 9:35-12:45pm with Roger Wong.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of modern website design.
- Learn to create screen interfaces centered around user needs.
Typography: ARTG106// CRN 17036 on Mondays & Wednesdays from 6-9:10pm with James Bowman.
- Learn the essentials of typography, one of the most important building blocks in design.
- Build experience in InDesign and Illustrator setting typography
- Gain the necessary skills to create order and hierarchy when working with text
[caption id="attachment_5383" align="alignleft" width="1024"]
Nate Grant//Typography Project on Jean Francois Porchez[/caption]
Intermediate Digital Media: ARTG126// CRN 13067 on Fridays from 9:35-3:45pm with Bradford Prairie.
- Gain essential software skills, including Sketch, Adobe After Effects, and advanced Photoshop techniques.
- Learn motion graphics and create a website with sleek user interface animations.
- Get hands on experience with camera equipment and learn lighting and composition for product photography.